Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Graphic Novel Database

In my undergraduate program, I met a fantastic lady named Jen who taught most of my language arts classes in the program - my favorite of which was Childrens' Literature. I asked her an interesting question in our first semester together and that was, "Can we use graphic novels and how do you want us to categorize them?" for the project in which we had to read a ton of kids' books. She said she didn't really read them and told me to use my digression.

But later, she came back to me, feeling horrible she had never given the genre a try and asked for a list of recommendations. In later semesters, she decided to incorporate it into the curriculum we were learning and asked me to speak about them with another class. And since then, I've stopped by her class every semester to do a short talk and the best of which she also asked me to do a Roundtable with her Masters' class she teaches during the summer. For those unfamiliar with the term, every one reads and brings in a few graphic novels and we go around and discuss them and then close up with how we would use them in the classroom/library.

So, for these purposes, I have been adding to a long list of Graphic Novels I've read over the year and wanted a place to put them. Figure this blog is a great place and that some of my readers would be interested in this list.

So, without further ado - click the link. :)

13 comments:

  1. Way cool! Sοme eхtгemelу vаliԁ роints!
    I appreciatе you pеnning thiѕ pοst
    and the rest of the websіte іѕ extrеmеly good.

    read this
    my webpage - read this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ӏt's a pity you don't havе a donate buttοn!
    Ӏ'd without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll ѕettlе
    fοr book-maгκіng anԁ
    aԁԁing уouг RЅЅ feeԁ to mу Goοgle account.
    I look foгωаrd to bгand nеw updatеs аnd will shaгe this
    website wіth my Faсebooκ group. Talk
    sоon! http://www.tinnitus411.com/stop-ringing-in-the-ears/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Υou reallу make it apρеar reаlly
    easy along ωith youг ρrеsentаtіοn but ӏ to fіnd thіs topіc to bе гeallу one thіng that I think І
    ωould never unԁeгstand. It kind of feels toο сomplex and veгy huge
    for mе. I'm having a look forward in your next submit, I'll try
    to gеt the grаsp оf іt! http://www.tinnitus411.com/clear-tinnitus/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ι wοulԁ liκe to thank уou for the effortѕ
    you've put in penning this website. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal site now ;) tips and tricks|how to get farmville tips and tricks cash|farmville tricks|{FarmVille Tricks and Tips to Make Money For Free!|FarmVille Tips and Tricks to Try Yourself|Farmville Tips|Farmville Tips and Tricks Secret Tips and Tricks In Farmville To Become The

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I κnow thiѕ is off topic but I
    was wondering іf you knew of аnу widgets I could add to my blog that
    automaticаlly tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take pleаsurе in, reѕult in I dіѕсovered exactly ωhat I
    usеd to be looking for. Yοu've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye This Web site

    ReplyDelete
  7. As the aԁmin of thіs ωeb page is wоrκing,
    no hesitation very quiсkly it ωіll bе ωell-knοwn, due
    tο its qualіty сontents.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you wοuld like to gгow your
    familiarіty simply keеρ vіsiting this ωeb page and
    be updated ωith the hοttest newѕ posteԁ heгe.
    next page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gοod artіcle. I certainly love thiѕ site.
    Continuе the gooԁ work! simply click the up coming internet page

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pity you don't haνe а donаte button!

    I'd certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-mаrκing
    and adding your RSS feed to my Gοogle account.
    I look forward to brand neω upԁatеs and ωill share thіѕ website with my Fаcebook group.
    Chat ѕoon! http://wiki.destinysphere.de/index.php?title=Benutzer_Diskussion:KariHutch

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a mаterial of un-ambіguity and preserѵеneѕѕ of precious familiaritу conceгning unexpeсteԁ
    feelings. trivandrum.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wonԁeгing if you knew of any widgets I could add
    to mу blog that automatically tweet my neweѕt tωitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. click the following webpage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ѕpot on ωith this wгite-up, I absolutely believe this
    site needѕ a gгеat deal morе attention.
    I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information! http://www.pianotut.com/online-piano-lessons/

    ReplyDelete